Explosive Nitric Oxide & Carnosine Support
Max Muscle Sports Nutrition (MMSN) is pleased to introduce its newest innovation Max Nitro EXT. A scientifically and evidence-based formula designed to support the bodies production of nitric oxide and carnosine for explosive energy, muscle pump, and intensity.
Max Nitro EXT is a truly unique formula and a hybrid of two comprehensive blends. The MMSN Nitric Oxide Support Blend is composed of powerful ingredients to support the production of nitric oxide (NO). Nitric Oxide is formed by the action of the enzyme NO synthase (NOS) on the substrate L-arginine. There are 3 forms of NOS; inducible NOS (iNOS), endothelial NOS (eNOS) and neural NOS (nNOS).
The eNOS, found in the vascular endothelium, is most important for athletic performance. This Blend contains the exciting ingredient GlycoCarn® USP (Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine HCI); Sigma-tau HealthScience, Inc.(Patent#6,703,042) which is an advanced ester of L-carnitine. GlycoCarn® is proven to increase plasma NO and promoting maximum muscular energetics for enhanced training intensity. GlycoCarn® is also a powerful antioxidant providing protection against free radical which may damage muscle and other cells. Other science-supported ingredients to increase NO production in the Blen include arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (A-AKG), L-norvaline, N-acetyl cysteine (NAC), alpha lipoic acid (ALA), icariin (Epimedium sagittatum), gypenoside (Gynostemma pentaphyllum), and pine bark extract (proanthocyanins). NO synthase is a very complex enzyme requiring the cofactors riboflavin and thiamin. These two essential vitamins have been added to support optimal enzyme function along with magnesium and vitamin C. Magnesium is a component of hundreds of enzymes involved in metabolism and energy support. Vitamin C serves as a intracellular
stimulator of NO production along with powerful antioxidant functions.
The MMSN Carnosine Support Blend contains beta-alanine and L-histidine. Both amino acids make up carnosine found in the muscles. Muscle carnosine increses the buffering capacity in muscles as a result of the accumulation of hydrogen (H+) ions released from lactic acid (lactate) during high intensity exercise. Carnosine levels are generally higher in muscles and concentrated primarliy in the "fast-twitch" (Type II) fibers. Studies have also shown that carnosine enhances the antioxidative effect of Vitamin E.
Additionally, carnosine may also support NO production. The Blend also includes L-citrulline malate shown to promote aerobic energy production and serves to remove lactate and ammonia from muscle cells to reduce muscle fatigue. L-Taurine is a non-essential sulfur containing amino acid with high concentrations found in skeletal muscles and appears to play a role in cellular defenses (cytroprotective).
L-Taurine is often depleted during extreme physical exertion and has been shown to prolong fatigue.
Size: 410 Grams
Serving Size: 13.7 Grams
Servings Per Container: 30
Delays the Onset of Muscle Fatigue
Promotes Improved Anaerobic Performance
Optimizes Energy Production and Blood Flow
Enhanced Power, Speed and Intensity
Enhanced Muscle Recovery
Unique hybrid of two comprehensive blends to promote explosive NO production and improved anaerobic performance.
The MMSN Nitric Oxide Support Blend contains GlycoCarn® USP (Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine HCI); Sigma-tau health Science, Inc. (Patent #6,703,042) a proven to increase plasma NO and promote maximum muscular energetics for enhanced training intensity. GlycoCarn® is also a powerful antioxidant protecting muscle cells against free radicals which may be produced during exercise.
Enhanced NO production by providing arginine-alphaketoglutarate (A-AKG), L-norvaline, N-acetylcysteine (NAC), alpha lipoic acid (ALA), icariin (Epimedium sagittatum), gypenoside (Gynostemma pentaphyllum), and pine bark extract (proanthocyanins) and vitamin C.
The MMSN Carnosine Support Blend contains the two amino acids that make up carnosine, beta-alanine and histidine.
Increasing carnosine promotes the intracellular buffering capacity within
muscles of hydrogen ions (H+) generated from lactic acid (lactate) during
high-intensity exercise this increasing the lactate or anaerobic threshold.
Enhances high-intensity exercise performance, powerful antioxidant and the delay of fatigue with the addition of L-taurine.
Contains L-citrulline malate which promotes aerobic energy production, functions to remove lactic acid and ammonia from muscles, reduces muscle fatigue and supports the synthesis of arginine for superior nitric oxide (NO) production.
Contains a unique buffered form of magnesium chelate along with vitamin C as an intracellular antioxidant.
Riboflavin and niacin have been added to support optimal NO synthase (NOS) function.
1. Heller R. Munscher-Paulig F, Grabner R, Till U. L-ascorbic acid potentiates nitric oxide synthesis in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem 1999;274(12):8254-60
2. Zou MH, Shi C, Cohen RA. Oxidation of the zinc-thiolate complex and uncoupling of endothelial nitric oxide synthase by peroxynitrate. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:817-826
3. Alexander E, Black PM, Cooke JP. L-arginine normalizes endothelial function in cerebral vessels from hypercholesterolemic rabbits. J Clin Invest. 1991;87:1295-1295
4. Brocato L, Martina V, Masha A et Al. Long Term N-acetylcysteine and L-arginine administration reduces endothelial activation and systolic blood pressure in hypertensive patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care. 2008;[Epub ahead of print].
5. Agar A, Akpinar D, Derin N et al. The effect of the lipoic acid on antioxidant status and lipid peroxidation in rats exposed to chronic restraint stress. Physiol Res. 2007; [Epub ahead of print].
6. Huang ZQ, Xu HB. Icariin enhances endothelial nitric-oxide synthase expression on human endothelial cells in vitro. Vascular Pharmacology. 2007;47:18-24.
7. Bu X, Myers PR, Steimle A et al. The direct release of nitric oxide by gypenosides derived from the herb Gynostemma pentaphyllum. Nitric Oxide. 1999;3:359-365
8. Derave W, Ozdemir MS, Harris RC et al. Beta-alanine supplementation augments muscle carnosine content and attenuates fatigue during repeated isokinetic contraction bouts in trained sprinters. J Appl Physiol. 2007;103:1736-43
9. Babizhayev MA, Seguin MC, Gueyne J et al. L-carnosine (beta-alanyl-L-histidine) and carcinine act as a natural antioxidants with hydroxyl-radical scavenging and lipid-peroxidase activites. Biochem J. 1994;304:509-516.
10. Bendahan D, Mattei JP, Ghattas B et al. Citrulline/malate promotes aerobic energy production in human exercising muscle. Br J Sports Med. 2002;36:282-289
11. Ratamess NA, Hoffman JR, Ross R et al. Effects of an amino acid/creatine energy supplement on the acute hormonal response to resistance exercise. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2007;17:608-623.
12. Bachetti T, Comini L, Franolini G et al. Arginase pathway in human endothelial cells in pathophysiological conditions. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2004;37:515-523